Mission & Vision
The mission of “The Jordan McNair Foundation” as a non-profit organization is to promote awareness, educate, and advocate for parents and student athletes about heat related illness at the youth, high school, and collegiate levels. We seek to diminish the occurrence of heat-related illnesses and improve player safety.
Guiding us in our mission are our core values:
- Self-love, respect and discipline
- Integrity, accountability and communicative transparency
The vision of the Jordan McNair Foundation is to see the number of heat-related illnesses occurring in student athletes significantly reduced.
To that end, the Foundation will establish programs and initiatives aimed at:
- Prevention: By educating students on the signs and symptoms of heat-related illnesses, we aim to teach students how to know when their body is in distress and when it is time to stop.
- Support: For athletes that do suffer heat-related illnesses, the effects can be life-altering. We aim to support recovering athletes and their families by aiding in the mental preparation needed to cope with the impacts of this life changing event. We also endeavor to provide grants to assist with the financial impact and hardships that can result from treatment.
- Mobilizing Resources: The Foundation will partner with stakeholders in the medical and athletic community to provide educational literature to students and parents. Additionally, the Foundation will host and participate in events, panel discussions, speaking engagements, and forums for athletic groups, teams, schools, etc.
- Scholarship Funding: In addition to promoting awareness and education on heat-related illnesses, the Foundation’s scholarship fund will award educational scholarships to deserving student athletes in Jordan’s memory.
Through building relationships and a network of sports teams, coaches, parents, medical professionals and professional athletes as well as corporate sponsors who adopt our mission and vision, we can diminish and eventually prevent heat related illnesses and deaths that can result when proper treatment is not administered in a timely manner.